Company: Medexpress Urgent Care
Location: Little Rock
Posted on: January 11, 2019
General Position Description:The Registered Nurse is responsible for ensuring the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practitioners, front office and clinical staff.?MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, and Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Utilizes genuine and positive communication to make each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team member who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursue activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.?Principal Duties and Responsibilities:Patient Care:
- Assess, screen, triage and perform treatment ordered for patients.
- Perform medical treatment as ordered by provider or established MedExpress standing orders.
- Prepare and assist physician with dispensing prescribed medications (in States where applicable).
- Prepare and assist physician with the administration of prescribed medications.
- Assists the provider with examinations, procedures and other duties.
- Oversee and coordinate the daily patient care flow, assisting and participating in all aspects of patient care for all patients within the center.
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam preparation, etc.
- Complete occupational health testing including such services as urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing and physicals.
- Apply the use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems.
- Ensure the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff.
- Complete patient referrals daily.
- Assist the provider with calling patients and informing them of normal lab and imaging results reviewed by the provider.
- Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and/or paper based documentation for all assessments and procedures.
- Comply with and follow policies and procedures as outlined by MedExpress.
- Maintains HIPAA compliance at all times.
- Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types of procedures, etc.?Learning and Ongoing Education:
- Obtain and maintain certification to perform DOT UDS, BAT, hair testing, and other occupational health services as assigned, and support clinical staff as they also meet their obligation to maintain certification and provide services.
- Maintain clinical skills and competency for all procedures and participate in training and mentoring of other clinical staff members.
- Completes clinical competency evaluation/review as determined by leadership.
- Maintain technical skills and apply new knowledge to position according to MedExpress policy.
- Maintain knowledge of Medical Terminology and standards of nursing care.
- Maintain knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Read and keep up-to-date on all ME Communications.
- Complete all assigned training.?Center Readiness and Maintenance:
- Assist in maintaining all quality control, clinic inspection, and machine maintenance on a daily basis and report any and all discrepancies appropriately.
- Manage inventory of supplies; restock exam/procedure rooms.
- Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, CLIA and Department of Health).
- Maintain and comply with all MedExpress, Optum and Urgent Care Accreditation site assessment requirements.
- Maintain clinical supplies and equipment and ensure proper storage of biohazards.
- Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment according to protocol.
- Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control.
- Clean according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records.?Working Relationships:
- Clinical Operations Managers and Directors.
- Center Manager, center staffed based team-members including providers and non-providers.
- Administrative clinical partners.?? Associated topics: domiciliary, hospice, intensive care, intensive care unit, nurse rn, recovery, registered nurse, staff nurse, transitional, unit
Keywords: Medexpress Urgent Care, North Little Rock , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Little Rock, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!