Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing
and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and
retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an
essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put
food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates
temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over
16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities
- from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting,
administration, business development, customer support,
engineering, transportation, and technology solutions
Under general supervision, perform routine material handling
equipment (MHE), repairs and preventative maintenance throughout
the warehouse. Provide maintenance support as necessary to ensure
operational objectives are met. Perform basic troubleshooting
and repair of material handling equipment and other powered
industrial equipment as assigned. Perform general refrigeration,
dock door/leveler, plumbing, electrical, and building maintenance
• Performs preventative maintenance, repair and adjustment of
material handling equipment.
• Inspects forklifts, pallet jacks, and other material handling
equipment to ensure compliance with OSHA and operational
• Maintain batteries and chargers in working order in accordance
with OSHA Standards.
• Performs routine maintenance on various types of warehouse
equipment in accordance with OSHA Standards.
• Tests, maintains, and evaluates equipment performance using
instruments such as voltmeters, ohmmeters, and any other testing
• Maintains tools and machinery in good condition and use tools and
equipment carefully as instructed.
• Conducts tests of safety equipment to ensure OHSA and operational
• Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records within the CMMS
• Keeps work area 6S’d (clean, organized, etc.), and performs
housekeeping duties as required.
• Performs other maintenance related work and job assignments as
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• 2 years’ employment maintenance relatable experience (i.e.:
automotive mechanic, diesel mechanic, equipment rental mechanic,
etc.) or relevant Technical School certification/vocational
• Required to successfully complete assigned technical training
and/or mechanical-electrical courses.
• Required train in HAZMAT, obtain and maintain the
• Basic computer skills required (email, internet searches, basic
data entry, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of general MHE practices.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Mathematical and documentation skills necessary.
• Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Proficient use of testing equipment.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts if required, including on
• Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose down to the component level
on all material handling equipment.
• Share knowledge, train and support the development of others.
• Must show proficiency in SAP PM (CMMS) with respect to their
duties and responsibilities within 60 days.
The physical demands described below are representative of those
that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of
the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
• May be required to tolerate working environment with inside
controlled temperatures of –20 degrees Fahrenheit and outside
ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation).
• Must be able to work at heights in excess of 35 ft. and be able
to access elevated platforms and catwalks
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
• Frequently required to stand; walk; push; pull; reach with hands
and arms; stoop; kneel; and crouch
• Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to use hand and power tools.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Either
naturally or with the aid of eye glasses. Contact lenses are
prohibited when working with ammonia.
• Able to work nights and weekends.
• Able to pass a physical and respiratory exam.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.